Friday, April 15, 2011

On the Road Again: Day 2

We are officially in the Eastern time zone!! Exciting because we are close to our destination. Less exciting to think about the early morning feeling even earlier tomorrow. But mostly exciting!
Our hotel seriously dropped the ball in the coffee department. Not good. There wasn't a Starbucks near-by, but I pushed through. My half of the drive was uneventful (and I like it that way), and we mostly listened to our book on tape. We stopped in Jackson, TN for lunch. I've been doing no-meat-Fridays with Andrew during Lent, so I made use of the food I brought along for the trip and made a PB samich knowing none of the (non-scary) lunch options were very meat-free. Mom decided she wanted KFC, and it ended up being a KFC buffet. Neither of us had ever heard of those, but Mom took full advantage and had TWO big plates. I wanted to participate and got a side dish of the most delish fast food green beans ever, and I think our KFC stop was, surprisingly, the highlight of the day.
SPORK!!!

Mom's drive consisted of rain. Lots of rain.
We weren't even sure if we were going to venture all the way to Knoxville if it was really bad, but we made it finally. I think these storms are still moving east, and I have a feeling we'll be driving with them when we keep going east tomorrow. It will be nice to finally GET there, I am starting to get stir-crazy with this whole sit-eat-sit-eat-sit-sleep schedule. Andrew picked up our keys to the new place this afternoon, and he said there were a few issues like spots of dirty carpet and bad patch-jobs on the wall, but it sounds like management is going to have those taken care of by Monday. Since the carpet needs to be shampooed it's probably a good thing that my furniture isn't due to arrive til (most likely) Wednesday.

Why is sitting in a car so exhausting? I've probably got a DVT I've been sitting so long, and yet I can't wait to go to bed. Next stop Fairfax! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment