Friday, April 29, 2011

Diseased

I can't wait to lysol the entire apartment. I hate to even touch the computer with these germ-y hands.

I am on day 2.5 of a nasty cold. I tried to write it off as allergies on Wednesday as I forced myself to run all my little errands, and I probably just ran myself down even more. I spent all of yesterday on the couch with a low fever, and I woke up just about every hour or two last night choking to death on my own chest congestion. I may or may not have stuffed tissue pieces up my nose to keep from dripping on the pillow.

Too much detail? You're right. Moving on.

Andrew brought me (delicious) minestrone soup from Whole Foods last night when he got off work, and he made a second trip out to get me some Tylenol. He stuck some wet dish towels in the freezer for me to cover my head with while we waited for my temp to come down, he took out the trash, and he unloaded my stuffed-full dishwasher.

He also made himself nachos with our leftover food from the night before, which looked intriguingly easy to make. As a cheese-hater dating a cheese-eater, I need to learn how to make these things.

I'm so used to being on my own when I'm sick, and it was really, really nice to have his help. I was hoping today would be the day I wake up feeling like I am on the mend, but no such luck. I'm watching the royal wedding via DVR, drinking my body weight in hot tea, and hoping the kitty cat will come spoon with me shortly.

Coming up:

1. Brian Regan on Sunday! I got tickets for Andrew's birthday since he likes him, and the show is out in Baltimore, MD. I think we're going to make a day of it - we hear Baltimore is pretty cool.
2. Two job interviews that I am really grateful for and excited about. I don't know how many open positions there are vs how many applicants are interviewing, but I need to sit down and really prep so I can go into them feeling confident. Interviews make me so nervous - there is so much I want to say or plan to say, but when people are staring at me blankly, it turns into rambling.
3. Official plans to come to Dallas! I finally found a reasonable price on a flight. I'll be in Dallas June 22-27, and I will be in Austin one or two of those days.

PS - I love Kate's dress. And the whole ceremony. I can't imagine how nervous she must have felt, but she certainly carried it off well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment