Friday, April 8, 2011

In my life, I've loved them all






A random selection of a few of my favorite moments the past few weeks. In no particular order, I've Alamo Drafthouse'd with the girls to see Clueless and Breakfast at Tiffany's, spent time in the good sunshine with a good friend, celebrated a friend's future baby boy (team blue!) with cupcakes and pictionary, successfully dunked on an inflatable basketball court, answered medical trivia for candy, attempted to force-feed pizza to a toddler, eaten myself sick on tex-mex and Amy's Ice Cream, cried for a friend and how proud I am of her, window-shopped the SoCo hot spots, sent Andrew a gift and a cake for the last time via snail mail, reconnected face-to-face with one of my favorite people for the first time in years, learned amazing news from a close friend, hugged lots of hugs, drank lots of beers, and felt my throat close up for the first time last night as the emotion of it all finally hit me. I am spending this weekend surrounded by special friends, then the baton will be passed to Mom and Kori to pack the last boxes with me and see me through the drive and the move-in.

New phases in life have always been emotional for me. The excitement for wonderful things to come mixed with the fears of closing an old chapter - it's the same feeling that sat in the pit of my stomach when I started high school, hugged Mom goodbye after moving into my college dorm, and walked into Brackenridge with RN on my name tag. It's about growing up, changing, learning, and trusting that your gut will steer you where you need to go. My time in Austin is going into the archives as the place that taught me the most about who I am and where I'm going, gave me some of the most fierce hangovers of my life, and brought amazing people into my world whom I intend to take with me through the next 50 chapters of my life.

So it's time to go put on a dress and soak up the weekend, and in about a week's time I'll be walking into my new life greeted by the person who makes it all worth it.

Small weekend disclaimer: I reserve the right to cry spontaneously.

See you out there, friends!

1 comment:

  1. well said! glad I got to be part of your last shebangs in the ATX :-D
    y'all come back now, ya hear?!

    ReplyDelete