Sunday, February 1, 2009

Dear Diary?

I stalked some random blogs people have posted on facebook and got inspired.

At the start of the year I took Emily's suggestion and started a "senior notebook" - I had big plans to write at least something every day - things people said, something I enjoyed, something I hated, whatever - and print out pictures when I had them. I did well for a while, and I liked going back and reading random details about days I'd forgotten to remember. My ACL wristband is in there along with some birthday cards, pictures from weekends downtown, and some random write-ups I had to do for pedi clinical from days or patients I wanted to remember. Unfortunately it was a little ambitious of me to expect to keep up with that thing for more than a few months. Enter: Blog. Maybe this will be a little easier. I hate to forget the little things, and I love having them written down, but damn. Printing and cutting out pictures is irritating - I hate the little scraps left over. Enter: Blog again. 

I've had a wonderful weekend. Sleepless in Seattle, long run through downtown and campus, new clothes, new hair (well, not new, but trimmed), Master Pancake Theater mocks the Matrix, too much fun downtown, too much drink downtown, a wicked hangover this morning that resolved itself after a latte and a manicure, Town Lake jog, smoothies, a little productivity, and absolutely not watching or caring about the super bowl. 

By the way, I've never been a big nail polish person, but I think it's weird that I'm never going to be able to have polished nails as long as I'm working in the hospital. How opposite-of-fun is that? Anyway, now that I'm back in clinical I can't keep something on them to keep me from biting them. Thus I'm forcing myself to get manicures sans polish so my nails won't look horrible. If they look nice, I (hopefully) won't bite them. It's my new year's resolution.

Want people to stop reading your blog? Start talking about your nails. 

I've really, really enjoyed reading all those "25 Things" notes that are spamming around facebook. I like knowing new things about people I don't know very well, and I've actually learned a lot of new things about people I do know well - my own brother, for goodness sake. I know some really interesting people, but I guess I already knew that. I'm having one of those weeks where I'm really aware of how many special people are in my life - sweet ain't it? And true.

How many times can one person use "really" in one paragraph? Mrs. Gafford would slap me.

I'm not sure I'll keep the dots as my blog background - I prefer stripes - particularly on my dish towels. And for wild dance parties on Carnival Ecstasy. STRIIIIIIPES! Conquest's dance club didn't do it for me - Henri's? Please. "Let's go to Henry's. Yall."

Time to go get organized before saving the world tomorrow, one asthma-action-plan-for-Pflugerville-school-nurses manual at a time. Most dry public health clinical assignment.. ever..? Yep. 




No comments:

Post a Comment