Monday, February 9, 2009

Benadryl. Getting me through nursing school 25 mg at a time.
It's sort of ironic that I have technically mis-used medication the night before every. single. clinical day since the start of nursing school. What started as a way to help me fall asleep early enough to make 5:30 seem a little less like the middle of the night has turned into some weird superstition. Benadryl before bed, scrubs out of the closet, stethoscope in my bag, penlight/scissors/what-have-you already in the pockets, oatmeal in the morning, the Bobby Bones Show for the drive over, and at least 5 or 10 minutes to spare so I can sit in my car long enough to convince myself to get out. If my morning is thrown off before I even walk in the door it's hard to get back on track. OCD much? Most parts of most clinical days don't ever go according to plan, so the first 45 minutes belong to me. Bitch.
...That being said, you can imagine my mental state last week when I realized my alarm went off at 6:15, not 5:15.
Prescriptions for benzos should be attached to UTSON acceptance letters.



No comments:

Post a Comment