Monday, August 15, 2011

A is for:

This post is brought to you by the letter "A"!
A for Adorable as usual:

A for Airplane:

A for the acute cause of Amyloidosis that I was stricken with causing my call-in to work for Friday's shift and forcing me all the way to Houston.
(There really is a lack of illnesses and diseases that start with the letter "A." My second-in-line was going to be Aortic dissection, but the likelihood of my blogging during this aortic dissection would be slim to none)
All lies aside, Kori already had plans to go see Dad this past weekend, and I got a last-minute flight to do the same. I worked Monday/Tuesday, and, aside from the shift I was supposed to work Friday, I don't have to be back until tomorrow. Enter: sick call-in. Bye bye PTO. Hello family, food, and 100 degree temperatures.
I am tempted to delete my most recent post as it no longer applies. The situation described in that post actually would have been the best-case scenario (as far as bad scenarios go, I mean), and now we're looking at a different picture. If I were to give other people advice in this situation, it would probably be to take it at face value and not let their (my) minds embellish the information in either direction on the spectrum until there are facts to support such embellishments. That's the plan: to have no plan. But I won't pretend that the lack of plan is a comforting plan, ya feel me?
Anyway, that's not what this is about. This post is brought to us by the letter "A," and the weekend must go on!
First, Abdominal pain. Delicious, delicious abdominal pain:
The weekend was basically a big food fest, and my oh my it was good. Burgers, BBQ, brunch, Mexican food. When we waddled inside the house in Lupe Tortilla comas Kori said "What a way to end it. I ate like I was never going to eat again." Amen sister.
Appropriately Analytical wall art (at Gatlin's BBQ no less.)
Kori and Adam's first wedding Anniversary (I'm so pleased his name fits into the "A" theme!). They have bed-and-breakfast plans in Fredericksburg this upcoming weekend, so they were okay with Kori spending the day in Houston this year.
Don't worry, Adam, distance makes the heart grow fonder and more full of candy and slim jims. A fiesta awaits you!
Ayiyiyiyiyi!
And now, that's All folks, Adieu, Adios, Alveterzane... that's all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment