Thursday, May 12, 2011

Lessons Learned in the 703: A List from 1-10

In no particular order.

1. Starting to cook for somebody else is very different than cooking for yourself. You are conscious (self-conscious?) of every single component of every meal, wondering if the other person thinks it's okay or not.

2. I didn't know what rush hour traffic was until I moved to a place that designates the main highway as HOV only from 5:30-9:30 AM and 3:00 to 7:00 PM. I know which route I won't be taking for work...!

3. I love being Suzy Homemaker. This morning while Andrew was in the shower I set out all the cereal options, a bowl and spoon, and a plate of sliced strawberries. I used to love the way Mom set our cereal out on the table to choose from before school. It's the little things!

4. Juno belongs in a jungle. She loves the view from all her new windows. Bets on the time it takes her to claw her way through our screen door to the balcony?

5. The difficulty I experience with goodbyes doesn't match up with the ease I have settling in somewhere new. I've felt very comfortable here from the start, but I suppose my partner in crime has something to do with that.
Partners in crime, rather.

6. ...That is not to say that I don't immediately start crying at the thought or mention of any other changes that may occur in the next 5 years. I guess that might mean I am still adjusting :P

7. Spring. As in, what it is. I'm enjoying learning this lesson.

8. Your gut is always right. Always! I am so glad I listened to my gut-feeling and turned down the oncology job in March. The subsequent month (+ some change) of stress and worry was a small price to pay for the opportunity to find a job that felt right, and this job feels right. Remind me of this in a month when I'm blogging about how overwhelmed I am being new to the ICU.

9. Boxes left in your garage and guest room do not get rid of themselves. (But I'm not giving up just yet.)

10. We. Needed. This. It didn't take long for me to feel like I haven't seen him in forever if it's been more than 24 hours, and that, my friends, is how it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment