Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dotting i's, Crossing T's, and Eating Fools for Breakfast


"I need your identification documents and your Virginia nursing license"
"Here's my Texas license. I've applied for my Virginia license. It's in process."
[wait nervously while lady checks a paper on her desk]
"Ok. That'll work."

Aaaand fist pump. Someone else told me I couldn't start next week unless I had a letter from the Board of Nursing saying I can practice under my Texas license for 30 days while the other one processes. ...But it takes 10 business days of processing my application before I can even get that letter. Pointless middle step? I think so. Whoever gave me my paperwork yesterday didn't mention this letter, neither did I, and I will officially be starting my off-site orientation on Monday. Yay paycheck! Yay work!

(Yay work?)

On an unrelated note, I saved baby Juno from a (non) fire at the apartment complex the other night around 3 AM. In reality the storm outside struck something that set off the fire alarms, but at the time I figured better safe than sorry. First thought: are those tornado sirens? Is a tornado blowing through my apartment? Am I alive? Yes, I am alive. Second thought: Is it my fire alarm or everyone's? It's everyone's. Third thought: I guess I'll put kitty in her carrier and head outside. Wait. Carrier is not assembled. Next best thing: grab her and put a raincoat over her.

After taking my cat outside where the alarms were 10 times louder and the rain was pouring down, I realized that nothing was on fire, and my skin was no longer intact. I took kitty back inside, pried her kitty claws out of my skin, and thought about my alarm that would be going off in 3 hours. Grrrrr.

And that, my friends, is the thrilling tale of the Great Apartment Fire of 2011. I eventually fell back asleep for about 2 hours, woke up grumpy and exhausted, and had a nice big bowl of fools for breakfast.  (#danidias)

Next, you'll find our hero spending 3 hours of life in CPR renewal class. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment