Saturday, March 27, 2010

"Can you believe this cake is gluten-free, sugar-free, egg-free, and it contains no dairy products?!"

...Well, I guess, but I'm not sure I want to eat it after that stellar description.

I'm not ragging on people with allergies and intolerances. I think it's great that someone's figured out how to make food that resembles the real deal without using, well, any of the things that define the food in the first place. Kids with celiacs can have a birthday cake? Rock on. I love it.

But as for everyone else - really? You pureed black beans into the brownies? You spent 900 dollars on obscure flours? And 900 more on a whole bag of xantham gum you're going to use once to hold the obscure flour concoction together?

If you need some extra fiber in your life, eat a salad. No one wants black beans in their brownies.

Good talk. See ya out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment