Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I just deleted a post I'd started a week ago but never finished. Now it's too irrelevant in my brain, so I don't want to continue it.
Tomorrow I take my last college test ever, Thursday I go to my last college class ever, and next Tuesday I go to my last clinical ever. I still don't know my capstone preceptor's exact schedule yet, but somewhere between April 8 and May 8 I'll have ten 12-hour shifts (day shifts, thank you Jesus) in the New Braunfels (ugh..) hospital on the med-surg (UGH!) floor. My preceptor said there's a lot of variety on the floor - emphasis on the "surg" part of med-surg - ortho patients, CV patients, (sometimes) pediatric patients. Hopefully that'll keep it interesting. Interesting enough to have me excited about adding 1.5 hours of commute time to a 12-hour shift? Pending.
I never thought I'd be the girl saying "I really, really, really can't wait to just graduate already," but after the past few weeks, I've had quite enough. Thanks school, it's been real. But I'm done.
Besides the obvious, the most exciting part about all of this is that I'm baking sugar cookies (sugar cookie people, actually) for the Brack 8th floor nurses as part of our end-of-semester student gift, and I'm going to decorate them to look like they are wearing scrubs. I am also going to put some in casts and break (eat) off some of the cookie people's limbs. Nothing says "thank you!" like a sugar cookie reflective of traumatic injuries and diabetic amputations, eh eh?
Obviously I will be posting pictures.
Other news in quick, bulleted, easy-to-read format:
  • My half marathon is this Saturday! Bright and early in the AM. Mom and Kori (possibly David/Dad/Cyndee?) will be in town for it, should be a fun weekend.
  • Nail-biting is back and in full force. Worse than ever. Can'tstopwon'tstop.
  • Koriente on 7th across the street from the court house. Go. Eat. Thank me later.
  • Positive things seem to be happening in the job realm. Stay tuned.
  • The entire nursing school abuses Benadryl for clinical days. There's no sense in trying to resist.
That's good enough for now. Look at this. A whole post with no pictures.. how boring of me. Next time, however, will be full of amputated cookie people, so that should cover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment