Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cowboy Cookies

Happy October! I've been craving cookies all week long. Any cookie. At work on Tuesday I ventured down to the hospital gift shop and came back with a package of Grandma's brand chocolate chip cookies. The picture on the front was enticing.
...The cookies were disgusting. As in, I ate half of the first one and threw away the rest.
That's what I get for becoming a cookie snob.
After careful consideration I decided cowboy cookies and snickerdoodles were in the cards for my days off. For some reason both of those sounded appropriate for the new fall weather - or maybe just my craving.
(Un)fortunately logic got the best of me, and I only made one of the above. Can you guess which one? Of course you can. It's the title of this blog post.


Make these. I used the famous Laura Bush recipe floating around the internet, only I divided the recipe into thirds - the original is huge! Everything about this recipe is easy, and the end-result is really delish. You could probably play around and substitute other things for the chocolate chips/pecans/flaked coconut, though I don't know why you'd want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment