Tuesday, April 7, 2009

As promised...

The cookies. This series of pictures is super reflective of how impatient I got with this whole process. I forgot how long it takes to make rolled sugar cookies, much less mix 900 (or like, 4) different icing colors for each plastic baggie I was decorating with. They weren't a professional job by any means, but they were gone on both sides of the unit before 11 AM. Mission: accomplished.
Woof. 
Mix it up quickly. No one will notice that 3 sticks of butter.
My first reminder that this was going to take approximately forever should have been when I had to split the dough into two sections.
Why yes, I do own a silicon mat. And yes, I have used those measurements to roll out 12 inches of pizza dough.
Haha okay, sooo their feet are a little bit chunkier than their bodies and heads. I just wanted to get all these guys rolled and in the oven, let's be honest.
I found this miniature cutter about half way through this whole process, so I thought I'd make some bite-sized ones also (plus, more of them fit on one cookie sheet! The time-saving efforts continue...)
She's got the whooole world. In her hands.
The ones I just outlined the scrubs on ended up being my favorite - no coincidence there that they were also the quickest to decorate. I filled in some of the others more than this, but it got kind of messy.
Meh, a somewhat half-assed attempt at a hospital gown and bandages. I know I said I was going to make amputee cookies, but in the end that just felt kind of morbid. Some of them broke in transit to the hospital, though, so I guess some were amputated in the end. 
donedonedonedone. I was eating those miniature ones like it was my job this whole time. Nothin like a good icing-induced stomach ache.

I have a lot more I could talk about, but I'm also getting up at 5 tomorrow morning to be on the road in time to be in New Braunfels before 6:45. Suck. First 7a-7p shift, yikes. I was welcomed into NB with a speeding ticket yesterday when I went to meet my preceptor for the first time. I feel like that can't be a good sign? Should've saved some cookies to bring the new unit like a true suck-up. Next time, next time...



1 comment: